Monday, September 24, 2012

Spinning Again

I'll be teaching at SOAR (SpinOff Autumn Retreat) next month--Spinning for Knitting a sweater, Socks at any Gauge, and Sweater Design Basics--and I started to get nervous that I haven't sat at my wheel for several months.
To get reacquainted with my wheel, I decided to spin up the Enchanted Knoll Polwarth/silk top that I bought at SOAR last year. It's a gorgeous combination of browns, burgundy, blue, and purple called "haunted." I bought it with the intention of spinning three-ply yarn for a pair of socks.


It took a while for me to figure out how much tension to put on the break band and to get into a rhythm, but once I did, the fleece seemed to spin itself! I forgot how much I enjoy spinning. I divided the fleece into thirds and spun each third onto a separate bobbin.


I hope to ply the singles tonight.

No comments: