Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Teaching Circuit

Fall is a busy time for knitting instructors. I have back-to-back engagements for the next five weeks and I spent last week in New Hampshire at Interweave's Knitting Lab. If you get the chance to go to a Knitting Lab, I encourage you to do so -- you'll find lots of classes from loads of teachers and you can't help to learn something in every class.
The one and only Barbara G Walker was the keynote speaker Saturday night. Although she's currently more active in feminist causes than knitting, she remains a source of inspiration to knitters. Plus, she's simply delightful.

I leave for Billings, Montana, tomorrow to teach socks (both top-down and toe-up) and mittens at Wild Purls. I've never been to Montana so I'm looking forward to the chance to wear heavy sweaters.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm leaving for Montana on Tues but alas our paths will not cross! ;-)