Saturday, December 8, 2012

Something's Amiss

My plan today was to respond to the comments regarding my last post about a substitute yarn for one of the sweaters in the modified-drop shoulder chapter of The Knitter's Handy Guide to Top-Down Sweaters (this chapter is presently only available in the electronic version of the book, by the way). I just clicked on the comments to remind myself what was said.

Imagine my surprise when I found anonymous comments had been added by people affiliated with inappropriate websites, and Louis Vuitton bags and Uggs Outlet Store in the UK! Does anyone know how I can remove these from the comment box? I'm mortified.

Regarding the yarn substitution, I wanted to explain that yarn companies donate yarn for book projects in the hopes that people will buy that same yarn. The fact that Briar Rose Fibers could no longer obtain the base yarn for the Legend used in Unisex Zip meant that they lose out on that advantage. That's why I wanted to knit an alternative in Glory Days, which is available. But your comments got me thinking. Instead of knitting the same sweater, I'll use the yarn for a completely new design, following the charts for one of the sweater styles in the print version of the book and I'll post about my decisions and progress along the way Stay tuned.

2 comments:

martine said...

Hello, Ann ! it is easy to get rid of unwanted comments ; I have sent you by mail a picture of one page of the administrator page of the blog.
Martine
ps - if you take a look at my blog, you'll see my WIP (thank you for this wonderful method !)
http://chaussettesetautrestricots.blogspot.fr/

ann budd said...

Thank you Martine!
Problem solved.